Four months after singer Aaron Carter was discovered dead in his California home aged 34, his mother has shared a series of graphic photos she says were taken at the scene of his death.
Jane Carter shared the footage in a Facebook post on Wednesday along with a caption in which she said she was still seeking answers regarding the circumstances of her son’s death.
“Still trying to get a real investigation into the death of my son Aaron Carter,” she wrote. “I want to share these death scene photos with you all because the coroner called it an accidental drug overdose. They never investigated it as a possible crime scene because of his history as a drug addict.
Before finding Aaron’s body, law enforcement reportedly responded to a 911 caller telling them a man had drowned in his bathtub. The photos Jane posted include an image of a bathroom and a bathtub filled with green water. She also shared an image of crumpled clothes on the bathroom floor next to what appears to be a feces stain.
In her Facebook post, Jane speculated on what really caused Aaron’s death, writing, “A lot of information about potential homicides had been there for years. Aaron had a lot of death threats and a lot of people which made his life miserable.”
In January, however, Jane told TMZ that she believed her son was dead. was the result of a drug overdose, and said she discovered text messages on his phone saying he owed an unidentified person $800 in exchange for an undetermined substance. Jane said at the time that she believed the substance could be linked to the cause of her son’s death.
Days after Aaron’s death, police told TMZ they found unidentified prescription pills and several cans of compressed air in the singer’s bedroom and bathroom. Aaron’s mother and his fiancée, Melanie Martin, told TMZ they were told he died without water in his lungs, ruling out drowning as the cause of death.
A month before his death, Aaron checked himself in for a fifth stint in rehab, telling the american sun back when he was doing so in an effort to regain custody of his son, Prince, whom he shares with Martin. The couple had lost custody of Prince due to issues of domestic violence and drug use. Aaron had also previously spoken of his addiction to blowing compressed air which began when he was 16, which he says eventually caused him more than 100 seizures.
The Daily Beast has contacted Jane Carter and the LA County Coroner’s Office for comment.