Health & Safety, Health & Safety at Work, Occupational Health & Safety Management Practices, Benchmarking

Safety Health and Environment Intra Industry Benchmarking Association
phone sheiiba: 0845 2268545 contact sitemap
member log in log in button log out button password reminder button
Question 257 January 2004

Permit to Work for small scale hazardous chemical plant / equipment.

Has any member got a "Permit to Work" on a small scale hazardous chemical plant / equipment. For example working on equipment that makes up small diluted quantities of HF, Caustic ect, That the member would be willing to share along with any guidance on safety precautions.


The following 4 companies answered this question and a document was supplied:

  • GKN Aerospace
  • Inbev UK Ltd
  • Rio Tinto plc
  • Shorts Brothers Plc
  • "Authority to Work"

To see other information on this subject click on the QUICK SEARCH drop down at the top of the page.

If you are interested to see these responses click here.

Click here to learn how you can improve HSE performance without reinventing the wheel.

Sheiiba and the sheiiba logo are trademarks of Corporate Benchmarking Services (Scotland) Ltd
home | about us | asksheiiba | document library | performance tables | member list | industry safety groups | join sheiiba | subscription rates | links | code of conduct | privacy policy | terms of use | data protection | contact | site map
For news of: asksheiiba questions, latest documents in the library; use of the sheiiba league tables:

company reports
Health & Safetycorporate social responsibility